barfing musca domestica

first rats, then come the flies.
i now have a fly problem in my apartment. im sitting here and can see at least 40 flies in my apartment. and these flies aren't just normal flies. these flies are fucking HUGE. and slow. and dying all around me. my apartment is like a fly graveyard at this point, and for the past week, i've literally been swatting flies out of the air with my hands. I open the refrigerator and 3 of them fly in, landing on top of my now tainted frittata.
i remember when i was a little girl, someone told me that everytime a fly lands on something, it throws up and then eats its barf and some of whatever it lands on. now i have no idea if this is actually true, but in my mind, i woke up to my breakfast of eggs and fly barf.
and i have no idea what to do about these flies. do i vaccuum them? if i do vaccuum them, do they die in there? do i smash their fat bodies onto whatever they land on? do i net them and set them free? (fuck that.)
and so, in the spirit of the plague that is happening in my house, for your cringe-worthy pleasure:









(click on the images to make them larger, they are quite impressive up close)

1 comment:

  1. Those are disgusting fly pictures. My place has a fruit fly problem right now. They suck. Makes me feel gross to have bugs around. Now I have the visual of what they look like magnified. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete